Todays post in english
I often think of my self – about myself and in myself
I am self aware – precent in my own body – care what other thinks of me and also how I behave….
I have an inner dialoge with my self where I consider – analyze – discuss and make up my mind about the environment and my self…
Who are you? – who am I ? – who are we?
My inner picture of myself, are usually something like this:
Young – full of life – active and somewhat wrinkle free
But somedays i meet this woman in the mirror:
In my head I am still 29!!
Except when I meet the wrinkle lady (on the picture above) in the mirror….
But honestly I wouldn’t go back to my 20`s again.
They were fabulous years – but the most busy years Ive had
I had 4 children in 7 years, the last one when I was 28! At the same time I took my college degree as an external candidate in 2 years – and then nursing school. I went back to student practice ( in my second year) only 3 weeks after giving birth ( the father stayed at home) because I wanted to finish with my class.
- There were breast-feeding in the parking lot with the exam invigilator in the backseat.
- There were dragging a 5 kilos breast-pump back and forth to work.
- It was pumping every 4th hour in the consultant doctors office – a doctor who wouldn’t go into his office for weeks after accidentally coming in during the prossess.
- There were vigils and going straight to work
- There were changing diapers in the back of the classroom
- There were hormons making the tears argue with grumpy surgeons
- There were woman fighting against their own «Woman rights» stating that I should stay at home taking care of the baby..
- There were the dad who did a great job at home
- It was life at that time
AND THE RESULT MAKES IT ALL WORTH IT:
BUT I BECAME A NURSE!
My second youth is blooming right now 🙂 🙂 🙂
If only my body would play along! 😦 😦 😦
No, I dont mean the wrinkles – when I put my mask on it isn’t to bad
After all I am not a teenager anymore…. so I am satisfied!
No I am talking about other parts of my body…..
- It is the hallux valgus who is rebellious against my high heels
- It is my knees who is protesting against half marathon
- It is my muscles who boikotts my golf swing
- It is my eyes demanding glasses to bother to tell me what is written
- It si my hair who decolorizes on its own – with no permission
- It is a fancy name , I dont know in english – but it feels like knifes in my back!
And right now it is the inflammation of my back!!!!
When I read the list above – I do feel a little older than 29….. but luckily it isn’t always like that. I tend to get a little depressed when my body fail me…
Usually I am very active – work out every day – run in the mountains – kayaking – skiing – walk the dogs – and play a lot of golf!!
But when my body dosent do as I want I get REALLY pissed
This is a poem written on one of those days:
a sign of strength
How can I
who are so strong
have pain in my back?
So forget the facelift!!
Forget the stretch marks and the skin not being as firm anymore…!!
RIGHT NOW! I am ready for a back transplant if anyone is donating??